Hola!

Welcome to my blog. Here I wanted to post my experience with this new fat loss journey that I am in to get in the best shape of my life. I hope to be able to be of support to other people on the same road.

jueves, 18 de noviembre de 2010

My introduction

Hi, my name is Virginia, I’m 25 years old.  I want to prove that I not only can lose the fat, but that I can keep it off in the long run and not be called a loser but a ‘maintainer’.

This is not the first time I try to lose fat. See, my efforts to lose fat come from long ago. Like a lot of fat people, I have been overweight ever since I was a kid and always been self conscious about it. The first time I tried to lose weight was in 2007, when I lost 17 pounds in a month. After that, I just kept eating like crazy and gained all the weight back, plus more.

Than, in 2008 I got to 208lbs. That’s the heaviest I have ever been in my life. That’s when I came across online programs with weight training and HIIT as the main strategies to lose weight. I joined my first transformation contest managing to lose 23 pounds in 12 weeks. I felt awesome and even served as inspiration for a friend of mine who lost weight as well. But I was still not mentally prepared to see this as a lifetime change. I wasn’t ready to quit my old, bad habits. So, once again, I relapsed, and regained all the fat. I was so disappointed of me, so embarrassed of being so weak, that I just couldn’t go back on track. I was so tired of dieting, and not being able of eating my favourite foods, which were causing me to add more pounds by the way. Yet, I didn’t want to be in that state of fatness.

As if that wasn’t enough, in 2009, I reached my heaviest ever: 240lbs. I seemed not be able to control myself. I would devour everything that was within reach. I drank ridiculous amounts of soda every day, snack on junk food late at night. I was eating like food was going to go away soon, so I had to eat before it was gone. I became obese and started having kidney pains from all that soda I was drinking.

I started yet another fat journey in june of this year, using Vince’s program. I managed to workout consistently but was still struggling with my old eating habits. I have lost 20 pounds ever since I started. I know 20 pounds might be good for some people, and it was, but, deep inside, I knew I wasn’t doing my very best.

Well, even the setbacks are good, and I have learned a lot from all my past failures. Something is different now. I see fat loss as a life journey, not just as a 12 week program. I know that if I don’t do good in my diet all week long, I won’t see any progress the next week. I know that if I miss a workout, I won’t be closer to my goal. 
I created this blog because I want to be accountable to someone so I have less of a chance to get off track. My biggest challenge is to not just lose the fat, but to keep it off and stay lean even after I have achieved my goal weight.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario